Enjoy our adventures with us!

Join us on our journey as we rebuild and prepare Benevolence for offshore cruising!

We have recently created a new website to share our adventure with you at www.benevolentwanderings.weebly.com Go to the LOGBOOK page to find our blog.


Thursday, February 28, 2008

First Sail in Two Months


Brett worked on the engine on Sunday while I was at work and after he picked me up in the afternoon, we took the boat out for a motor cruise to test the engine. It was beautiful and warm and calm. We got back and I begged him for us to go out sailing in the 3-5 knot winds and 70 degree temp. After an hour, he finally succumbed and we spent only 15 minutes prepping the boat to go out. There wasn't a lot of wind and I did most the steering while he messed with the sails. Benny actually came out into the cockpit while we were sailing!! He was SO brave! Both the animals did really well. Brett had me "tack" back in the channel upwind. Very hard to do so it was good experience.











It was absolutely beautiful and I felt so much better doing what we came to do. SAIL. I am hoping it will be nice again this weekend so we can maybe go out again.












No comments: