Enjoy our adventures with us!

Join us on our journey as we rebuild and prepare Benevolence for offshore cruising!

We have recently created a new website to share our adventure with you at www.benevolentwanderings.weebly.com Go to the LOGBOOK page to find our blog.


Sunday, June 1, 2008

Updates and Inner Thoughts

We have decided to hold an official renaming ceremony for our boat at the yacht club. Brett's daughter is coming for a visit for a week and we will hold the ceremony while she is here. We have invited all of our sailing friends to partake in this age old tradition. It should be a lot of fun. We're really excited to have Melody with us for a few days as well. We plan on staying in Kemah the night she flies in and visiting the Nasa Space Center the next day. We also hope to get a lot of sailing in while she is here.

We made a lot of small improvements on the boat this last weekend including a cockpit table and cup holder, repairing and replacing the main sail with the other one, deep cleaning, and other small projects. We plan to focus on the haul out again after Melody's visit.

Brett got the propane hooked up for the stove and oven! He rebuilt the propane locker to hold our larger tank and installed the hose to run the propane to the cooking stove. It's exciting to finally have the stove but we have yet to try it out. LOL One step closer to cruising!

My new computer's hard drive already crashed but Dell sent a new hard drive after some prodding under the warranty. Luckily I was able to backup most of the pictures and documents.

I have not done a lot with jewelry the last three weeks but I do still plan on visiting galleries to sell my pieces around the big cities.

Thinking out Loud on a Late Night....

I always tell ya about what we are doing but don't often share the insecurities. It's late and I probably should be in bed as I have an 11 hour day tomorrow...

I have been getting overwhelmed by the lack of security that cruising comes with, especially when finances are meager, and have struggled greatly the last couple weeks with it. I battle financial burden and feeling like a good partner in all aspects of Brett and I's life together.

The hardest part of choosing this new life is letting go of ALL securities and as we get closer to our date, I have been struggling more and more. I sometimes feel lost and separated from everyone in my life and that can be so hard sometimes. Money really still controls my feelings and attitude. I spent 4 years preparing for the financial insecurities that sailors face and recognize that I have to fight through them to make this a rewarding experience.

My emotions have been messing with me lately. I see a lot of the difficulties in this venture and sometimes forget to look at the wonders of it. Such as the beauty of the scenery, the simplicity, the people we meet. I tried to make drastic decisions that would change Brett and I's life but those decisions are a hard call for being the right or wrong decision. Fight or Flight is a real struggle for me right now and I hope that my loved ones continue to pray for Brett and I's strength and safety through God who has blessed us so incredibly.

It's late and I am rambling and will regret in the morning.

We are doing well, yes we are, and are so glad you keep up with our adventure.

Love you all and please keep us in your prayers.

Kyla

No comments: