Enjoy our adventures with us!

Join us on our journey as we rebuild and prepare Benevolence for offshore cruising!

We have recently created a new website to share our adventure with you at www.benevolentwanderings.weebly.com Go to the LOGBOOK page to find our blog.


Monday, November 10, 2008

Positive Changes

We now have internet. I was able to find a modem through a cell phone company that I can travel with anywhere in the U.S. with so I am excited to stay in touch better, at least while we are in the U.S.

We decided to send Brett to the boat this next week for a checkup. The cold, wet weather has hit Oregon and it will be good for him to get out of it for a few days. We are both anxious about the condition of the boat's batteries and pumps. I will continue to work here in Oregon while he flies down there and back. He might also take her out for a test drive to see how the engine is running.

I miss my Palacios family much, but haven't heard from anyone lately. I hope they know they are forever deep in our hearts as our family and friends....

My aunt and uncle are replacing their home with a new one after thirty years. It's a huge undertaking and we're trying to help them when we can. Watching them pack their closest possessions into boxes and dig up all their loving plants reminds me of our own moving woes. Seeing them buy a new home sometimes makes my heart ache for a house but the boat is my home for now.

We have not been able to find a home for our cat and bird here in Oregon which breaks our heart. Especially because we had homes for them back in Texas. We may end up taking Benny back with us if we can't find a home. It is quite complicated to sail with an animal but we'd rather make adjustments for his happiness than to give him up to the humane society.

No comments: