Enjoy our adventures with us!

Join us on our journey as we rebuild and prepare Benevolence for offshore cruising!

We have recently created a new website to share our adventure with you at www.benevolentwanderings.weebly.com Go to the LOGBOOK page to find our blog.


Saturday, October 27, 2007

A"head" In Progress



Hi y'all! We're still here, plugging away, slowly but surely. Brett worked for the park in exchange for rent which was really nice. We ordered a new head (toilet) and water heater. We received the head Tuesday and Brett has been installing it along with hoses. We decided to buy a new head instead of rebuilding the old one. It was only a little more money yet we have a new toilet now. It's exactly the same one, just new. He also installed the holding tank shelf and the water inlet fitting. Another hole in the deck! eek!


We haven't received our water heater yet, hopefully it's not lost! Yesterday, Brett installed the blocks we got to run the main sheet of the main sail. I think he was really glad to get that done. Even though it doesn't promote moving aboard, it does promote sailing which is also our main objective.




Last week, the Palacios Yacht Club (Mary Lee and Bill) invited Brett and I to use their kayaks. I had never kayaked before! I had always wanted to. Since we weren't getting a lot done, we went ahead and tried it. It was a lot easier than I had thought and fun!
Earlier this week, my grandmother ended up in the hospital with pains. No one really knows what is going on which is frustrating but they let her go home on Thursday because the anxiety at the hosptial was worse for her than being home. I am so worried about her stress level and her health.. I hate not being there for her...
We finally found and ordered a starter. A guy in Seabrook TX knew a lot about Westerbeke's and found us our starter! $800 ! ouch! but it should be here in about a week and a half and we'll have it. Unfortunately we had to use a credit card to get it but we'll have it. That is one of our biggest obstacles right now.



With that done, I am refocusing over to the haulout in Nov or Dec. This will entail taking the boat out of the water and checking/replacing all of the fittings that go through the boat's hull. We also need to check/replace the strut that holds the prop. We'll probably need to replace the prop as this engine is much bigger. We are going to paint the bottom and I am keeping my fingers crossed we'll be able to paint the topsides (hull). But it's an extra $300-$500 or so to do it so we'll see.. Depends what we have to do to the thru hull fittings, the strut, prop and the keel.




I am getting geared up for our next show in Rosenberg, Nov 10-11. I made 7 new necklaces yesterday and 3 the day before. I made 4 watches and am geared up to make 4 more when I get more clasps. I made a couple rings, too, but they aren't turning out as easily as before. I'll try again later.




The weather has finally cooled here, to the point we are using a heater and wearing fleeces. It'd probably be warm to you in Oregon! The Northerly blew in Monday and it's been colder ever since. It's so nice though, it is so fallish for here. I love it. Brings back memories of last year and of Oregon , too. There are tons of butterflies (Monarchs) and Dragonflies flying around everywhere!! In about a month, the black moths will be back.


Well, it's about time to go help Brett on Ginsing (I am putting tape on the teak for him). Hope you are all doing well, I haven't heard from a lot of you in awhile. Let me know how you are doing.

More pictures in my web album, please take a look under the link to the right MY PICTURES.
Miss you all!!












No comments: