Enjoy our adventures with us!

Join us on our journey as we rebuild and prepare Benevolence for offshore cruising!

We have recently created a new website to share our adventure with you at www.benevolentwanderings.weebly.com Go to the LOGBOOK page to find our blog.


Monday, October 29, 2007

We Finally Got Our Chair Up!



We finally got the chair up! I dug it out of the boat and then went for a row in our dinghy. When I got back, I found Brett swinging in it. He had tied it to our spinnaker halyard and then tied that up so it would be up. It worked brilliantly! Yay! So relaxing!




We went for a small sail yesterday on Bill and Mary Lou's boat, Woodwind. We went last week, too, and Brett had me steer. This time we went out with Bill, Mary Lou, and our new friend, the Frenchman, Phillipe. Phillipe got here about 2-3 weeks ago- He bought Charlie's old boat a few months ago over the internet and just got here from France to work on it. It's his first time in America! We've been helping him with tools and taking him to dinner and of course, sailing! I also lent him my other laptop so he could order supplies and email back home. We took him to PMR (Palacios Mexican Restaurant) where he had his first Mexican food. He knows A LOT about sailing and boats and we've enjoyed spending time with him. He has some cool equipment that he uses for navigation. It's been really fun to talk with him about boats and France. He knows our design boat, Wauquiez, as it is French and he really likes our boat. He said it's a good boat.

Well, I'd better go make some jewelry. Love you all and hope you are doing well! I am posting pretty pictures I took last night of the bay and the shrimp boats.

No comments: