Enjoy our adventures with us!

Join us on our journey as we rebuild and prepare Benevolence for offshore cruising!

We have recently created a new website to share our adventure with you at www.benevolentwanderings.weebly.com Go to the LOGBOOK page to find our blog.


Monday, December 15, 2008

I got to play with my camera today and last night. I'll post pictures on my PICTURES tab.


Night before last, we went to Fred Meyer for cat food and I veered over to the silly stuffed animal claw game. I plunked in two quarters to win a stupid stuffed animal. I lost so Brett dropped two quareters more in and grabbed the stick. He aimed for the ugliest toy and guess what?.. Yup. We are now the proud owners of a George Jetson doll. It was great fun though. He said he'd never won anything before. I laughed hysterically through the store as I played with the cheap stuffed doll, his nose wagging at every step. When we got home, we tossed the toy at Benny. He immediately clawed at it. "Well, I guess we won't be giving it to Toys For Tots" I laughed. Three days later, he is still in love with George. Brett insists it's the orange hair. So we might have to fiind a pocket in our backpack for the dollar entertainment.


I had my last show yesterday at the work craft fair. I forgot half my supplies and threw together an improvised display setup. I didn't have lights or earring racks. Even with five other jewelers, I did VERY well. I had a LOT of fun and ended the jewelry shows with a great note. I had made a bunch of time consuming clay pens for the show. Brett helped me sand ten pens on Thursday night. None of them sold so I gave most of them away to the vendors. They were very pretty. I had run out of pens to use so I grabbed five of the other pens to use to make some more pens. They melted and shrunk in the oven, warping and cracking the expensive foil and clay around them. Before I could throw them out, Brett adopted them. Tonight he started making things with the clay foul ups. I gave him a crash course in clay and he has been spending the evening making new, wild creations. I think he is really enjoying it. I'll post a picture of his "pen" creations soon.


I spent the afternoon running errands in town since it it's supposed to snow tomorrow. On my way to the camera store and bookstore, I was driving the loop toward the mall off of Delta Highway and noticed a guy walking acrossed the highway with a gas can. I pulled over quickly and offered him a ride. I have NEVER done that as I have always believed it dangerous. But the poor young guy was walking around in 34 degree weather with no coat on, just a sweater and jeans. There was no gas station for at least three miles. So I got brave and offered him a ride. As he got in the car, I ordered him not to murder me. I drove him to get gas and drove him back toward his car. As he got out of the car, I noticed his lambskin slippers. He wasn't even wearing shoes! I called Brett to assure him I'd not been murdered and continued on to the mall. It felt good to help someone in need.


We're supposed to be plummeted by snow and cold weather tomorrow and I am very excited to get some awesome snow pictures with the new camera! We were going to go to church with Elaine but the weather looks very bleek for tomorrow and it would be very dangerous to drive to the church in Albany. We're bummed to not be there to support her graduation. She has spent three months in preparation for becoming a minister.


As I was shopping for groceries to stock up tonight, I found lobster tails on sale for 4.99 a tail. I'd never made them before so I took two tails and a free recipe. I excitedly showed Brett my new treasures to try. Eating lobster is very common on the boat. I had never had lobster and was excited to finally try it at a reasonable price. We cooked it together. It was good! Very sweet. I had no idea. It wasn't very much meat for the price but it was tasty. It did confirm I have a slight allergy to shellfish as the bubble developed in my throat that I used to get with Texas shrimp. But it's mild and not going to stop me from eating seafood while we cruise.


I hope everyone is having a blessed season. I am struggling with the holidays but I am hanging in there. I am anxious to get back to our dream. But I have a feeling, you already knew that. ;o)

No comments: