Enjoy our adventures with us!

Join us on our journey as we rebuild and prepare Benevolence for offshore cruising!

We have recently created a new website to share our adventure with you at www.benevolentwanderings.weebly.com Go to the LOGBOOK page to find our blog.


Monday, December 15, 2008

Wow- Boy, did it snow today! I was SO disappointed to not have any snow yesterday because we missed Elaine's graduation at her church and I didn't get any pictures I wanted to get. But as I used the bathroom this morning, I found no water. My first hint. As I was getting the gallon of water from the fridge, I looked out at the old Walnut tree by our cabin and it was covered in snow! I woke Brett and he spent a couple hours getting the water back up and running and getting a fire going in the other house that Rick and Elaine just moved out of. The snow was deep and the roads iced.


I pulled up my email and let my boss know I wouldn't be in today. (I realized later that she flew to New York on Sunday! They are having a horrible winter storm and I am worried her and Courtney are ok)
Though we were trapped, I enjoyed the day, taking hundreds of pictures. I'll post some on my PICTURE tab...

We picked up a Carbon Fiber tripod and it worked WONDERS today for the night shots and the landscape. I have to move fast for the birds, so I have to work on my camera shake.
(NEVER seen Benny in snow! He wandered around in it for about ten minutes!)

We've decided to drive back to Louisiana. It was a big decision as we lose a ton of money from the airline tickets but it was way easier and less complicated and less stressful to drive with Benny and the expensive equipment we're taking back. I am really excited. This will be SO much easier on Benny and for our equipment. We will also be able to pick up the folding bikes we've been wanting and drive them back to the boat. I am looking forward to the photographic opportunities on the road as well.

I am amazed how things are coming together. The boat is much more prepared than she was when we left her in August. And we are much more appreciative and grateful for the ability to live our dream.

No comments: